Sunday, July 1, 2007

Not keeping your word is equivalent to lying, isn't it?

I had the unpleasant experience of being lied to last Friday. In my opinion, not keeping your word is equivalent to lying and breaking a promise.

I have so far led a comfortable life free from lies, deception and broken promises. Fortunately, (or unfortunately) for me, I can't lie. I have never been able to lie and stick to a lie making up so many stories in order to keep up with previously told lies. It's far easier to tell the truth and embrace the consequences.

I guess I'm lucky that for the last 23 years I have never been really lied to (or maybe it would be more realistic to say that I have never found out that I have been lied to!), and by the way, by lying, I mean the HUGE, unforgivable lies that people tell and not the small white ones.

Well anyway, last Friday all that changed. The worst part was that it was the organisation that I worked for, that broke its word to me. The part that really got to me was that this time it was what they had promised some time back after they had broken yet another promise. So, that would make it the 2nd promise that they broke.

It's such an awful feeling, knowing that the place you work for and respect does not reciprocate the same level of respect for its employees. How can people talk bulls*** about processes and procedures while changing them all the time to suit their needs?

It's so unbelievable! I kept thinking, "this can't be happening! Doesn't he remember how he promised us all those things? In front of all those people he told us that we can expect certain things at the end of June, and now everything is changed, again!!! WTF!!!"

I actually cried!!! It's so embarrassing! But it became impossible for me to continue speaking to someone who I realised had broken his promise to me and so many others, and now was skirting the issue and repeating rubbish about a process. What a parrot!

Anyway, I spoke to a few other people who got the issue resolved for me. But I really hate it when we have to go behind people in order to get we are supposed to get anyway! How come, when we're given work, we don't need to have our bosses coming behind us reminding us to get it done, but when we're supposed to get certain things that our contracts promise, we have to go behind everyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Always keep smiling and be happy.Life is too small to complain."
do your best on any thing,then be happy only on what you did. dont expect anything from others.